Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Pour Cooper Missing from Context Menu!
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris55000

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2023 :  15:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whilst in the process of gathering parts to build a dual 30 V 0–3A power supply published by a Czech Republic Student in 2016, I noticed the original Copper Artwork provided by the student had several copper Pour areas included in the layout, so I added the Copper Pour Areas successfully, but the option to "Pour Copper" is missing from the Right–Click Context Menu when I select the Copper Pour Area, as well as that, the part of the Hatch/Fill Dialog giving the various patterns from a drop–down menu is also coming up totally blank!

Have I got something wrongly set, an installation fault or is there something missing from my Windows installation itself?

I am using Easy–PC Version 24.0.5, on Windows 10 Professional 22H2.

Chris Williams

Edited by - Chris55000 on 07 Jan 2023 15:45:30

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2023 :  12:00:40  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure why your "Pour Copper" option doesn't work. I suspect that you have created a copper outline shape and not just a copper pour area?

I believe that you have to pre-define the hatched styles before the drop down menu works, - nothing pre-defined- nothing to show in drop down menu!
Go to Top of Page

Chris55000

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2023 :  20:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, it definitely is a Copper Pour Area – the "Tool Tip" that appears when I hover the mouse over it identifies the areas as such !

Chris Williams
Go to Top of Page

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2023 :  22:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
Is it possible that the copper pour area is in error somewhere, such that the polygon crosses over itself somewhere, or a side/line of the polygon backs onto itself ?

Regards,
Shadders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: