All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Help with Gerber import
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2024 :  12:37:04  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have the Gerbers for an obsolete small pcb design that I want to import into EPC to modify - but I don't have the Gerber import feature enabled which is quite costly.

It isn't a commercial proposition to pay for this import feature as at present it's just for my use and even if I subsequently manufacture these boards they are unlikely to make any significant income.

So I'm asking if anyone with Gerber importing enabled can help me by trying to do the import for me?

Regards,

John

John

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2024 :  12:54:07  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Please check your email.
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1011 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2024 :  16:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Get in touch with me if your stuck.

iain
Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2024 :  16:56:27  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

Hi John,

Please check your email.

I have, nothing from you AFAICS.

John

John
Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2024 :  16:57:42  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iain Wilkie

Get in touch with me if your stuck.

iain

Thanks!

John
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2024 :  17:05:35  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John, I emailed you via the EPC Forum, -maybe it doesn't work?
Anyway, my offer is if it's a simple job then it'll be FOC, but it its multi-layered, with blind/ buried vias etc. then I will have to charge for my time. Even "Intelligent Gerber Import" has its limitations!
Regards
EdR
Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2024 :  18:58:54  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

Hi John, I emailed you via the EPC Forum, -maybe it doesn't work?
Anyway, my offer is if it's a simple job then it'll be FOC, but it its multi-layered, with blind/ buried vias etc. then I will have to charge for my time. Even "Intelligent Gerber Import" has its limitations!
Regards
EdR

Hi Ed,
I don't think the email function does work, lol!
Thanks for the offer, try emailing me and I'll send you back the Gerbers to consider.

You can send email to the following address (which normally just gets spam, so I just don't care anymore if it is harvested) and I'll reply from my normal address.

john.lawton@jle.co.uk

Thanks!

John
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: