Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Solder paste layer not visible
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clive Buxton

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2023 :  00:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I make the solder paste layer visible on the pads?
I've seen it before but not sure what settings I should use now.
I've tried changing the layer order and flipping the board but still not visible.
It appears in my gerber viewer. It would be useful to be able to see the solder resist (negative) layer in EasyPC too.

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2023 :  09:39:16  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You need to specify TopSolderPaste/BottomSolderPaste as a paste mask layer in Settings=>Design Tech=>Layers.

Also check the Paste mask layer settings Settings=>Design Tech=>Layer Types, as you can specify paste mask on thru hole pads, pads and vias (if you fancy) and you may wish to specify a slightly smaller paste size (minus) to the pad depending on the specification of the S/mount components you use.

Edited by - edrees on 04 Oct 2023 09:40:23
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2023 :  10:22:52  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Expanding on edrees' reply, if you're using the plot outputs based on the copper layers, such as 'Top Copper (paste), then the plots are being auto-generated from the copper layers so they won't be separately visible. There's a FAQ on adding custom layers on the website at this address:
https://www.numberone.com/faq.asp?14

If you're doing this as part of a footprint, beware. Each layer uses a layer type. The layer type used for the custom layers MUST match between the footprint and the design or the layer information won't load correctly.

Sometimes the easiest way to ensure this is to edit an existing technology file , adding the new layers to create your own custom one that can then be used both for footprints and pcb designs, ensuring a match.
Go to Top of Page

Clive Buxton

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2023 :  22:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: