All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Schematics
 Using Component on Multiple Pages
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike Warren

Australia
121 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2023 :  11:05:09  Show Profile  Visit Mike Warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can't believe this is the first time I've come across this problem after using EPC since 2002.

I have an IC with 4 gates and need to use 2 on 1 page and the other 2 on another page, but when I try to cut and paste the 2 spare gates to the second page the whole IC gets removed from the first page.

What am I missing?

http://mike-warren.net

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2023 :  11:11:02  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Leave the spare gates in the component bin and pull them in from there with your second sheet open.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2023 :  12:07:31  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, Iain's solution doesn't always work when working with Schematics.

I copy and paste one of the gates into the other schematic, (this increments the Component designator) then use Properties to rename it along with specifying which gate in the package you wish to use. You should get a nag box warning you that this is a "permanent" change, but you can still perform gate swaps (and delete the Component) afterwards!
Go to Top of Page

Mike Warren

Australia
121 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2023 :  22:02:27  Show Profile  Visit Mike Warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you both for your replies.

Iain, that's how I expected it to work, but the other gates only show up in the component bin on the original sheet.

Ed, your idea worked, although it took me a couple of tries to get the order of operation correct.

http://mike-warren.net
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2023 :  10:41:14  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Mike, once you have a duplicate copy of the gate on the second sheet (and re-named it along with respecifying the gate package), you can then use Iain's Component Bin method as the remaining Component gates appears in the Bin when either sch sheet is enabled.

Edited by - edrees on 17 May 2023 10:42:16
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2023 :  10:26:33  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry guys ..... Ed is correct .... I was not in a position to test my solution at the time of posting so was simply relying on my memory hence the reason its only half correct !!

Iain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: