Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Instruction videos
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markpsu

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2022 :  21:23:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm attempting to use the Diff router for the first time and I'm finding it not very intuitive. I searched for some sort of instructions but see only the written manual/update guide. Just wanted to suggest that some short videos explaining the use of Easy-PC and some of it's tools would be nice.
I'm older myself but I've taken the younger folks lead in wanting to learn through video vs reading. Video evidence or it doesn't exist....if there's any learning materials out there for the diff routing please post.

Kieran Jefferies

Ireland
10 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2022 :  11:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...any learning materials out there for the diff routing please post.

[/quote]
Hi Mark, something that caught me recently with differential pairs was my net names. The net names of a differential pair have to be exactly the same with only the suffix _P and _N to differenciate them. Also its good to have the grid set to whatever diff pair gap you are using. When everything is set up correctly in the technology file, go to Edit \ Diff Pair and select any pad / pin of the pair you want to route and the magic happens...
Go to Top of Page

markpsu

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2022 :  20:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kieran, Thanks, I had named my 2 diff nets differently but then added the _P & _N to them. Not sure how I thought that would work, but followed your comment and I'm laying down diff tracks! Doesn't look like this feature will work on my current design but I'll try to use it in the future. One thing that's going to be difficult is having cross overs through via's etc..while trying to use the diff router, probably just easier to do it the old way in those cases.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: