All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 V25 Add Component => "Recent" library
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2021 :  11:47:43  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anybody know how to change the default "Add Component" library from "Recent" to the last Library used (as per pre V25)?

99% of the time, I wish to add a new component that is not already in the design. If I wish to add a further instance of an existing Component I will "Duplicate" it from either the Schematic or the PCB editors rather than go through F8 /Add Component=> "Recent" and scroll down and click. So I feel the "Recent" default is unhelpful and requires more clicks!

Also, when starting a new design, the "Recent" library is already pre-loaded with components from the previous design. Surely, this should be cleared with a new design/project?

Edited by - edrees on 29 Dec 2021 11:56:40

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2021 :  14:31:06  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed,
I seem to remember that this is new in V25 and on a design I did after updating I found it to be a pain in the arse !
Didn’t have time to fumble about to see if there was a work around !

Iain
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2021 :  14:43:10  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed,

Have a look at page 22 here https://www.numberone.com/downloads/manuals/V25-Supplement.pdf

Seems you can switch this off but I have not tried it.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2021 :  14:55:23  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Iain for the pointer to the V25 Suppliment.

I think I'd must have only looked only in the main User's guide and couldn't find anything related to this. I'd also investigated the "Preferences" and failed, -but it's getting so "deep" these days.

Removing the tick does get rid of the "Recent Items" list.

Many thanks and Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: