Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Library recovery from design
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greg.ewing

New Zealand
3 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2007 :  22:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can a library can be recovered from a design?
I've just had a disk failure, and because the library defaults to the program location (not a great idea, should be in its own data location, not in the OS!!) it was not in my latest data backup.

The design looks ok, but if I need to modfy a part, I have a problem. How do I recover my parts?

GE

Edited by - Peter Johnson on 22 Dec 2008 12:46:50

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2007 :  04:21:15  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Greg,

yes, you can recover/rebuild libraries from any design file. If you go to the Libraries dialog and create yourself a new library of the relevant type, then click Add File, you can browse to the design file and open it. The program will then extract the relevant library information from the design into the library.

regards
David

David Manns
Technical Support
Number One Systems
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2008 :  13:23:20  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After having problems with this I think I may have discovered that
if any of the design files are part of a project, then the project file must be available for this to work ok. I was sent a .sch file and a .pcb file from a customer, but I could not re-create properly until I got the .prj file.

I could be wrong ....

Iain

BTW this is a handy utility ... could it be a sticky ?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: