Help on using this Forum
 Posting problem boards
Author  Topic Next Topic  

olga

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2009 :  14:46:04  Show Profile
Hi,

Would it be possible to upload problem boards anywhere, for people to look at & comment on?

This is with reference to a couple of posts from Remi... it's rather hard to troubleshoot a jpg! However, I'm sure a lot of folks would find it useful.

Best wishes,
Olga.

(I hope this is the right place to post this... please move it if it should be elsewhere!)

Edited by - olga on 18 Feb 2009 14:47:03

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
488 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2009 :  11:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage
Well, there isn't a general slot other than this, so it's probably as well here as anywhere.

My understanding of the software behind this forum is that it doesn't support attached files (which in some ways is good, as it avoids accidentally downloading huge amounts of data).

I think what we need here is something like a linked FTP site so specific files can be mentioned by their download link, and members would be able to upload their own files. It's a good suggestion, and one I'd like to see in place (especially as libraries could be shared), but I'm not sure of the implications in terms of resources (both space on the website and site maintenance), so I'll just make sure that it's put forward as a proposal.

There is an issue here as to how copyright on designs posted could be protected, so it may also be necessary to have an upload only area, where specific authorisation for download would be required.

I would expect any feedback on this issue to appear on this thread.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: