All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Auto-Routing
 Routing areas
Author Previous Topic Topic   

pedro444

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2008 :  13:19:22  Show Profile  Visit pedro444's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I am having trouble with the pro-router with routing areas designated as "keep in". I want an area all around a PCB that is free of components and tracks. I place all the components within the routing area and use the pro-router with its default settings yet it insists on placing some tracks and vias just outside the routing area. The Easy-Router obeys the rule but is unable to complete the routing, its just the pro router that seems to ignore the "keep in".

I can resolve this by specifying the edges of the board as "keep out", the pro-router obeys the "keep out" rule, so for me it is not now a problem.

I am careful to place all components within the area and use layer:[all] and set Track and Via to [in].

Two other things, firstly the properties on the routing area allow the area to be filled and should probably be greyed out and secondly the DRC doesn't pick up the tracks that stray outside the area.

If I am doing something stupid I shall be glad to be put straight. I have a very simple board that demonstrates what I mean.

Version 12.0.2

Thanks.

Edited by - pedro444 on 15 Oct 2008 13:31:18
  Previous Topic Topic   
Jump To: