Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 PCB Holes on Layout Diagram Filled in in White?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris55000

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2023 :  19:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Can anyone tell me why the holes on my PCB Layout Diagram are filled in in white and not black like they would be on a conventional layout diagram in a book, magazine or service manual please?

I have set the "Top Silk" to Black and the Background to White and everything comes out in pdf as I expected except the holes are white and not black!

Also, is there a means of printing the tracks only in grey like they would normally be in a magazine layout diagram or service manual layout diagram?

Chris Williams

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2023 :  12:40:24  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1) Because you have set the Background colour to White and you are effectively "seeing" through the holes. The holes will appear in the background colour. If you choose a Black background, White Board (PCB edge) and check the "Print Background" box, you'd get a Black PCB with White edges and Black holes.

2) But, the pcb substrate will appear White in your example, -which, although "as you expect", isn't strictly correct either (should perhaps be FR4 "green"?) but this facilitates pcb design -which is the objective of the EasyPC package.

3) You can specify light/mid/dark "Grey" (or any other colour) as the copper colour in Design Tech and it will print out as grey, -if the "All Colours Black" check box isn't ticked. As for "printing the tracks only in grey like they would normally be in a magazine layout diagram or service manual layout diagram", this refers to the (bad) old days when commercial printing was usually restricted to Black/Grey on White (and sticky black crepe paper tape was universally used for pcb design!) before full colour Desktop Publishing/Printing took off . Modern publications usually have "full colour" pcb layouts.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2023 :  11:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
edrees is quite correct but to expand on that, when you're setting up the design colours, you can save them to a named colour file. That gives you the ability to save your colours, set up your preferred printing colours, save those as well, print, then restore your original colours. The 'printing colours' will then be available to load in the same way for future designs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: