All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 component position report
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

robynaston

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2021 :  07:23:29  Show Profile  Visit robynaston's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just sent a surface mount pcb to jlcpcb.com for component loading. They asked for a component position report which includes component rotation for their pick and place table. They give a picture of how their system interprets the information and several components were 180 degrees out, placed upside down or backwards. How do I correct this??

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2021 :  10:31:49  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would suggest that you start by looking at your components in the Component Editor and checking that the orientation (portrait/lanscape/up/down etc.) of the components used on your design is at least consistent.

You could also compare the orientation of your components on the Component Positions Report (using Notepad/Excel) checking in particular the components the Fab company has highlighted.

Also, worth checking that you have added a "Placement Origin" in the middle of each s/mount component otherwise EasyPC assumes a geometric middle from the silk screen (which may not be the actual component middle in some awkward shaped components).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: