Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Nortons removing easypc dll
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AndyB

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2020 :  11:11:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like my Nortons has decided to remove various EasyPc Dll's again.

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2020 :  11:30:58  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
McAfee is also giving me occasional warnings about EPCWin.EXE, it thinks its "Malware"!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2020 :  12:21:33  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problem here isn't the software. As the amount of malware increases, so do the detection strings, and the complexity of heuristic detection algorithms. It's inevitable that sooner or later, the detection strings used will match innocent code in other software, giving a false positive.

There's never baan a confirmed positive in any code supplied by Westdev, but false positives do occur relatively frequently. The best thing is to let the antivirus supplier know, advising them that Westdev will happily provide them with any test resources they need for investigation.

Meanwhile, isolate your machine from external connection, disable the anti-virus program, install, then re-enable the antivirus. That's usually enough to circumvent the problem.
Go to Top of Page

Ampdoctor

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2020 :  13:41:26  Show Profile  Visit Ampdoctor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Depending on what OS you are running a change of AV software may resolve the issue.
On W10 the inbuilt MS AV seems to work fine in conjunction with MalwareBytes.

I wouldn't normally have trusted MS but my computer guy who sorts my PC's when they have issues recommended I use it and he's usually pretty much spot on.

So far it's protected 4 computers running since mid 2017 without any problems.

When we ran XP, AVG did a great job. Can't comment on W7, 8 and 8.1 as we made the leap from XP directly to W10.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: