Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Plot report "design path"
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markpsu

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2020 :  16:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I export gerber files there is a plot report file generated which I have always included in my package to the board house. At the top of the plot report there is a line titled "design path" that gets printed into the report. I can see where this is helpful but when I'm sending designs to Chinese board houses I'm a little paranoid this it too much info.

For example the path could be "IBM new data center design" etc....is there a way to turn off the design path line? Or maybe, there is no real usefulness for the board house and I shouldn't send the report at all?

edrees

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2020 :  16:28:47  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I always manually edit the Plot Report File with Notepad to globally remove all sensitive information. I don't think there is a tick-box setting or a Plot Report Template file to do this.
Go to Top of Page

ianafh

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2020 :  16:35:24  Show Profile  Visit ianafh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't usually send the report, the gerber files should contain all of the required data.
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2020 :  19:11:41  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I too only send the gerbers ..... done that to Chinese manufacturers without issue.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

markpsu

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2020 :  13:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, thanks for the feedback I won't include this anymore. I thought in a pinch it would allow them to do a sanity check for hole size etc.. One concern I have is the Chinese board houses rarely ask any questions which makes me nervous. The US board houses I use ask a lot of questions and make sure they have a good understanding before the build (but also cost $$$$ a lot more).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: