All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Importing Eagle Parts
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2018 :  10:16:55  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now this used to work but there is either a bug or I'm doing something stupid. Please remember there is no need to run ULP's now to import Eagle.
Once you have your Eagle part/s in an eagle .lbr file you should be able you simply go to your EasyPC library dialogue and click "Add File" and select the .lbr file for each of the schematic/footprint/component tabs.
However every time I now try this now I get an unable to open file error !!!

Can someone else try this please ... WIN7 64 bit

Iain
By the way the .lbr files that I am using are downloaded from SnapEDA

Edited by - Iain Wilkie on 16 Sep 2018 10:18:21

edrees

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  09:18:40  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Iain.

I just tried (V22.0.1) what you described and got a similar "Failed to open from file C;|.....\....*.lbr.
However, I'm not aware that this method ever worked? I though that you had to import the part in Eagle first and then export to EasyPC?
Why not use the new SamacSys component Library Loader feature in V22? (I know it has it's limitations).
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  09:33:32  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ed,
Got it to work now, seems you have to open it first in Eagle and then save it somewhere before opening in EPC.

A lot of stuff not available in Samacsys but available in Snapeda.

Thanks for confirming anyway.

Iain

Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  09:37:08  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds likely that the original LBR file from Snap EDA was not in the newer XML-style file format which is why we couldn't read it until it had been updated through Eagle.

David.
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  09:51:32  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just wonder why EasyPC went the SamacSys route when SnapEDA already supports Pulsonix and has a much wider range of Components available. Can't be that much difference between the two library systems (probably about the same as between Design Spark & EasyPC?). "Commercial sensitivity" no doubt!
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2018 :  12:50:13  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Sounds likely that the original LBR file from Snap EDA was not in the newer XML-style file format which is why we couldn't read it until it had been updated through Eagle.

Totally agree ..... seems the only explanation.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

John Baraclough

United Kingdom
129 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2018 :  16:09:19  Show Profile  Visit John Baraclough's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm just trying to import a component from Samacsys (Arduino Nano) and, although there is a directory in the download named Easy PC the component within doesn't import. There is no mention of Easy PC in the pdf file of instructions from the Samacsys website.

Edit to add: OK. The Eagle part imports but is total crap so I'll just make my own.
-------------------------------------------------------
Birthdays are good for you: the more you have, the longer you live ... and I've had lots of them so I should know!

Edited by - John Baraclough on 01 Dec 2018 16:15:38
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2018 :  21:51:58  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
John, I find this all the time ...... the library component just isn’t the way you would like so you end up doing your own.
I’ve even found footprints that are just not quite right .... by the time you’ve double checked everything and tweeted them your sometimes better just doing your own from scratch and knowing it’s correct and in the form you prefer.

Can’t take chances with professional layouts.

Iain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: