Manufacturing Outputs
 How to produce X-Y Data for pick&place
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparkyChris

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2017 :  13:30:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have a board that has been stepped up onto a panel (done by the PCB fabricator) and is being assembled on a pick and place line.

The assembly house have asked me for the XY Data for programming!

Can anyone tell me how to generate this data from EasyPC and what the file type would be?

Many Thanks,
Chris

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2017 :  14:17:24  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris, I normally define the bottom left hand corner of the pcb the origin from where you can work out the step and repeat offset co-ordinates for each panel.

Then go to OUTPUT =>Reports =>Component Positions to produce the X/Y text file for each component (default component centre is component silk screen centre unless otherwise specified in Component Editor).

Many CEMs now use optical scanning to determine the "PIck & Place" information.
Go to Top of Page

SparkyChris

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2017 :  19:28:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ed,
That seemed to generate the data I needed.
I had my PCB fab house arrange my panel, I guess that means I need to know the position of the first circuit on the panel relevant to the panel edge to figure out what offset to apply In EasyPC before generating the component position report?...hope that makes sense.

Thanks
Chris
Go to Top of Page

siongboon

Singapore
55 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2019 :  15:51:57  Show Profile  Visit siongboon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I want to generate the XY file too.
But I cannot find the "Component Positions"
from the list of reports.

OUTPUT =>Reports =>Component Positions

May I know how can I generate the XY file?
I am using version 21

Best Regards
Siong Boon

www.siongboon.com
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2019 :  19:38:12  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are there any reports showing ... i.e make sure you are pointed to the Reports Templates directory for EasyPC.

If its just the Component Positions report that is missing, I could email it to you.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2019 :  08:47:34  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It looks like you need to go to Settings, Folders, Report Files, and add the path to the folder that contains the report scripts. On my system this is:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Easy-PC\Report Templates

Yours may be different, depending on what folders were chosen during install, and of course language!

David
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: