All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Holes not importing from Eagle Board Design?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Chris55000 Posted - 06 Jan 2023 : 12:48:48
Can anyone assist me with an Eagle Import problem please?

Now I know that JLC can make my PCBs with my British typefaces on the silkscreen, I am importing all the Eagle designs I have, and there seems to be a common fault with all of them – when I run the Gerber plotting routine from "Printing and "Plotting", none of the holes appear in JLC's Gerber Viewer, due, I discovered, to all the pad hole diameters showing up as "0" in Easy–PC's pad properties!

Looking at Eagle's pads in their software, the hole diameters are mostly called up as "0.079" – what units does Eagle use, and can anyone suggest why the hole diameters aren't being transferred across on import?

Chris Williams
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nigle Posted - 07 Jan 2023 : 19:36:42
The units will be centimetres, 0.8mm or thereabouts is a very common hole size. It was probably originally set to 31 thou in Eagle, which is now displaying as 0.079 when metric units has been selected. No idea why the size was lost on import though, I don't use Eagle.